Everyone is a Range Safety Officer!
If you see anything unsafe, it is your responsibility to report any and all safety concerns to a member of the FRGC staff.
The FRGC Range Safety Rules
The following are our range safety rules, please abide by these rules AT ALL TIMES, not only at the range!
1. FRGC rules and procedures are for the safety and comfort of its members, guests, the surrounding communities, the environment, and to preserve the FRGC as a facility for the safe use of firearms. Any violation of the rules or procedures may result in cancellation of FRGC membership.
2. It is strictly prohibited for any member or visitor to move forward of the firing line or to attempt to retrieve anything forward of the firing line.
3. Ear and Eye protection must be worn at all times while on the range – no exceptions. It is strongly recommended members and guests wear a brimmed hat to prevent spent ejected cases from being caught between the eye and safety glasses or prescription glasses.
4. All people on the range MUST observe the four Basic Firearm Safety Rules:
- Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
- Never point your firearm at anything you are not prepared to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger well until you are on target with intent to fire.
- Always consider your target AND its background.
5. Individual Members may bring a total of two guests into the range during one visit and must remain with their guests at all times.
- Members are responsible for the observation of range rules and the Code of Conduct by their guest(s).
- Members and guests are not required to share a lane unless the range is full; at this time they may be asked to share a single lane.
- It is the Member’s responsibility to remain aware of all range policies, safety rules, and conduct guidelines at all times.
6. Any minors (under the age of 18) must be closely supervised by the responsible party with whom they came at all times. The member must remain behind the minor at all times and may not shoot while the minor is shooting.
7. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or legal/illegal substances are NOT permitted inside the Front Range Gun Club at any time. Persons under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicants are not permitted on FRGC property.
8. All shooting must be done within designated range lanes or range areas – target placement must be such that rounds pass through the target, into the bullet trap and do not impact the floor, walls, ceiling, target carrier, or the carrier track. Members shall be held responsible for damages.
9. Shooting across the range lanes or at multiple targets from one lane is not permitted – shooters may only engage the target directly in front of their station.
10. Spent shell casings (“brass”), other than your own, may not be collected. Members shall not retrieve casings that fall ahead of the firing line.
11. The following ammunition is prohibited from use at the Front Range Gun Club at all times:
- All steel-core/green tip ammunition
- All steel-core shotgun slugs
- Ceramic-tipped ammunition
- Armor-piercing or penetrating-core ammunition
- Incendiary and tracer ammunition
- Shotgun shells with multiple projectile (Shotshells)
12. If you enter the premise of the Front Range Gun Club with a loaded firearm, whether in a case or in a holster, you may not handle that firearm in any fashion unless you and the firearm are inside the confines of the glass shooting booth and the muzzle is pointed down range. If you choose to leave the premise with a loaded firearm you must be in the glass booth when you load it and you shall not exit the glass booth unless the firearm is inside of a case or a holster after which point you may not handle it until you have left the premise. Do not load and holster/case your firearm at the rear benches.
13. If you are handling a firearm in ANY fashion, ANYWHERE on the premise, other than inside the glass booth, the action MUST be open, chamber cleared, magazine removed and muzzle pointed up.
14. All shooting must be deliberate, aimed, and controlled and all shots must impact the bullet trap system. Uncontrolled fire is considered any shooting where the sights are not aligned with the shooter’s eyes, shooting “from the hip” or the firearm is operated in burst or full-automatic modes. Full-automatic fire is prohibited unless authorized by the staff. Use of laser sights and illuminated optical devices is considered sighted fire.
15. Pets are not allowed on the range deck at any time.
16. Smoking is not prohibited in the building, on the range deck, and within 25 feet of any doorway at all times.
17. If you are pregnant, you are not allowed on the range deck at any time.
18. Food, drink, gum and tobacco products are prohibited inside the range at all times. It is strongly advised all persons exiting the range immediately wash their hands and do so before handling food, smoking, eating, or drinking.
19. When a “CEASE FIRE” or “COLD RANGE” command is given by a member of the Front Range Gun Club staff, all firearms must immediately be placed on the bench or the ground with muzzles pointing downrange. Shooters must then exit the shooting stall and MAY NOT re-enter until the range master ends the Cease Fire or Cold Range period. Firearms MAY NOT be handled on or behind the firing line at any time during a Cease Fire or Cold Range period.
20. Firearms MAY NEVER be pointed at another person at any time, regardless of the condition of the firearm.
21. Disruptive or offensive behavior will not be tolerated at any time. Use of profane, vulgar, or offensive language will not be tolerated.
22. Be courteous of your fellow shooters at all times. We do not limit the amount of time you may spend on the firing line but, if you have been shooting for long period of time on a busy day with no available lanes, please consider taking a break to allow another member time to shoot.
23. Please do not offer assistance, help, advice, or “pointers” unless asked for.
24. Holster drawing is not allowed without the authorization of a member of the FRGC staff.
25. Teaching or instructing for a profit/fee by a member, guest, or visitor is not permitted on Front Range Gun Club property without express written consent of FRGC ownership or management.
Copyright © 2021 The Front Range Gun Club - All Rights Reserved.